Thursday, January 3, 2013

Don't worry - more to come!

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe New Years. My new year greeted me with the flu, so I have be fighting that off the last couple of days. Needless to say, that means I have not been around my beloved cheeses so as not to spread my germs. But I didn't want you all to worry, so I'm going to give you a preview on what some of my upcoming posts will be about...

- The health benefits of eating cheese: believe it or not, cheese is a great nutrition source and those who include it in their diet (in moderation) tend to be healthier! I'll be borrowing information from Max McCalman's book: Mastering Cheese - Lessons for True Connoisseurship from a Maître Fromager - one of the main cheese books I used to study for my Certified Cheese Professional Exam this last year.

- The differences between raw and pasteurized milk cheeses and the battle between them. (I will also be teaching a class on this subject this month at my store.) 

- And as always, features on my favorite cheeses that I come across at my cheese counter.

I hope that you all will bear with me as I recover from this dastardly bug and look for my next post in the next couple of days or so.

Until then, eat, drink and be happy! (While I'm sick, someone has to do it!)

-Leah 

No comments:

Post a Comment